Please help me to make the right choice

Home Forums Treatment Please help me to make the right choice

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by BigHeart BigHeart 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

Hi, everybody! I am infertile due to a tough Asherman’s syndrome. Nearly 4 months ago, my husband and I went to Ukraine to find a Ukrainian woman to carry our child. We have contacted several Ukrainian clinics and chose Biotexcom to deal with. I had a double impression after our first visit. The clinic is situated in a small private mansion. Its halls are always overcrowded. There were large queues to each doctor’s office. We had to wait nearly two hours before the clinic’s representatives met us. My husband and I didn t like it very much!!!! When we asked the administrator why we had to wait so long, she advised us to come another day or consult another clinic. I think it was extremely impolite. My husband wanted to leave the clinic, but I asked him to wait. Finally, when we met our manager and the clinic’s doctor, they didn’t seem friendly either. They talked very formally. Of course, we didn t like all these moments and weren t ready to sign up a contract with this clinic. Now we are at home and thinking of our our further steps. From the one hand, there were loads of things we didn t like about Biotexcom. In other Ukrainian clinic the things were quite different. Extremely polite and friendly administrator, very understandable and sympathizing doctor and empty clinic hall. There were no queues and noise. The atmosphere is very calm and even frightening. Is there anybody here who has already dealt with Biotexcom and Isida (the name of the other Ukrainian clinic)? Can you share your impressions with me? I will gladly appreciate everything: clues, tips, life stories.

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

Hi, dear! The things you’ve faced in that clinic are awful. It’s really rude and impolite to make patients wait in the queue. I guess reputable clinics don’t treat their clients this way. However, if you’re still interested in them, you should check the way they treat surro mums. It’s the key moment in choosing an appropriate fertility clinic. Be cautious, dear!

Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

The clinic offered us to sign up a contract. According to this contract, they take all responsibilities for taking care after the surrogate. The clinic will give a surrogate a certain sum of money to pay her living expenses. It will also supply her with all necessary medical care. Every month she’ll have to visit the clinic to do an ultrasound check. All the delivery expenses will be paid by the clinic too. In case of premature delivery, the baby will be supplied with all necessary medications. A surrogate will also get a medical insurance. In case of miscarriage or abortion after the 12th week, she’ll get a money compensation.

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

Sounds nice, dear! If they really treat the surrogate in such way, she certainly gets all necessary things during her pregnancy. It’s great cause surro mums are real angels, and they should get the best from the best. Nevertheless, I would also find out whether I’ll be able to leave Ukraine and enter my native country without problems. You may also consult an attorney if necessary. What do you think about it? Share your ideas with me, please

Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

We’ve chosen Ukrainian clinic because Ukraine has rather favorable surrogacy laws. Surrogacy is allowed by the Ukrainian laws. The intended parents have the entire rights for the baby. It means a surrogate won’t be able to claim her rights for the baby. These were the main reasons why we’ve chosen Biotexcom as our final destination. According to the contract we are to sign up the clinic’s representatives will assist us in getting the baby’s Birth Certificate. They will also do its translation. We’ll use this paper to leave Ukraine and enter our own country. What do you think about it?

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

The Ukrainian surrogacy laws sound really loyal. It’s good that your names will be included into the baby’s Birth Certificate. In addition, the clinic will do the translation of the Birth Certificate. For me, it sounds really handy. Dear, will they charge any additional fees from you for these services?
    P.S. I know that fertility clinics like to charge additional fees from their clients. Does Biotexcom do the same?

Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

I don’t think they’ll charge any additional fees from us. We’re to sign up a contract both with a surrogate and the clinic’s representatives. According to the contract, the clinic charges only a fixed sum. It means no additional fees will be charged from us. The sum will be divided into several installments. We will be able to make the payments either in cash or via a bank transfer. For us, all these things sound really handy. What do you think about it?

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

The thing that they would charge only a fixed sum of you and you may make the payments by several installs sound really very handy. I also like the fact that they would charge only a fixed sum of you. However, if you come to Ukraine, you need to hire a professional babysitter. She would take care of your child when you’re away. It will be nice if you find a good pediatrician. Newborn babies need much care and attention during their first days. You must be totally sure that everything is ok with your baby.

Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

I quite agree with you hun. Nevertheless, the clinic will help us greatly with a baby care. They’ll provide us with an attending babysitter. She will come to our place daily and look after the child 4 hours. I think it will be enough for us to visit the embassy and prepare all necessary papers to leave the country. The baby will also be checked by the attending pediatrician daily. We will also be able to phone a 24/7 hotline and consult an English speaking pediatrician if we need this. The doctor may even come to our place and check the baby in urgent cases.

dreamy
    dreamy
    Participant

Hi, BigHeart! I’m also infertile due to Asherman’s syndrome. My uterus is full of synechias so I can’t get pregnant. I had a hysteroscopy several times, but my synechias often came back very quickly. I’m tired of waiting, so we decided to find a surrogate who will carry and give birth to our child. BigHeart, I would like to ask you how the clinic will actually find a surrogate for you?
    P.S. I ask you such a question because I’m also interested in Ukrainian fertility clinics.

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

Hi, dreamy. Nice to meet you! I know that they have a database of the women who agree to become surrogates. The woman should be healthy enough to conceive, carry and give birth to a child. She will have to pass a psychological testing too. As I have already written, the clinic’s representatives will supply a surrogate with all necessary things during her pregnancy. They will also check whether she leads a healthy lifestyle. Smoking, drugs and alcohol test will be done monthly. The clinic’s representatives will visit the woman at her place of residence weekly to check if everything is ok too.

dreamy
    dreamy
    Participant

The things you’ve written in your message sound ok. It’s nice that they would check whether a surrogate leads a healthy lifestyle. It’s really very important as she will carry and give birth to your child. Hun, have you decided what to do further? Will you deal with that clinic?
    P.S. I’ve read all your posts. The clinic seems to be quite ok.

BigHeart
    BigHeart
    Participant

I quite agree with you. They offer a good package of services. In addition, their prices aren’t very high. If they didn’t have all those large queues, we would deal with them. Why not? Dreamy, you’ve written in your last post that the clinic should check the surrogate’s lifestyle. The representatives of the clinic do this. They call or pay a personal visit to the surrogates place of residence every week to check if everything is ok. In addition, a surrogate visits the clinic monthly and has to do smoke, alcohol and drug tests. I think it’s quite enough to check whether she leads a healthy lifestyle or not.

Jane_K
    Jane_K
    Participant

The things BigHeart has written about Biotexcom are really true. We’ve got acquainted with their former patients. Biotexcom does have loads of clients, but this is mostly to the fact that they’ve helped loads couples to become parents. We have also become their patients because we couldn’t find a better place to ask for help. As for the surrogates, they do care about them very well. They got all necessary things to feel comfortable during pregnancy. You may visit their official website and watch a short video about it.

dreamy
    dreamy
    Participant

Hi, everybody! Thanks for your feedbacks about the clinic. We’ve also decided to deal with them as the clinic offers a surrogacy package for a very reasonable price. I’ve sent them an email several weeks ago. We talked with the clinic’s representatives and they are ready to meet us the following month. I feel so excited about this. You see we really want to become parents as soon as possible!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

'