You know that human health is a very complicated issue. Sometimes we even have no idea how some functions of our organism work but each illness has feathered symptoms which serve as an important indicators of disease.
At initial stages of Asherman’s Syndrome woman doesn’t have serious symptoms or these changes are so minimal that she sets little store by them. Thus, for example, the first and most common symptom is a change of menstrual cycle – lighter periods, or none at all. It’s extremely important to have regular medical examinations and address doctor at once you notice any changes of your health condition.
Symptoms of Asherman’s Syndrome:
- Menstrual changes – periods become lighter than usual or there is a supressed menstruation at all, also color of menstruation blood can be more brown than red;
- Severe menstrual pain – woman feels intense pain and cramp during menstruation and ovulation period. This pain is a result of the outflow obstruction because of synechiae;
- Endometriosis starts as a result of backflow of blood from the uterus caused by Asherman’s Syndrome;
- Unexplained infertility (primary or secondary);
- Recurrent miscarriages with no explanation.
All patients with such diagnose notice their general well-being is worsened – working capacity decrements, indisposition and lack of energy can be also seen, and nothing can cope with the menstruation pain.
A lot of women usually have some irregularity in their periods and as the visible symptoms are not so common Asherman’s Syndrome can be found only during detailed pelvic examination.
If you have some problems with conception or pregnancy, you should ask your doctor about the Asherman’s Syndrome. This abnormality seriously effects on female reproductive function because infertility is one of the main Asherman’s Syndrome complications.
In rare cases, synechiae can be so extensive that woman is unable to conceive naturally as well as to have successful IVF result. It’s because the lining of uterus is too damaged and sperm cannot fertilize eggs. In such cases patients choose surrogacy or adoption in order to have children.